The lensatic compass--also called a military compass--is a precision instrument that when used with a topographical map can guide the adventurous off marked trails into wilderness areas with confidence. The lensatic compass is used to set course bearings, orient yourself to a map and follow a course over land. Carrying and being able to navigate with a map and lensatic compass is a good idea, even when you are traveling with a GPS unit. Electronics do fail, so being able to get to your destination safely with a map and compass is an invaluable skill.
* Classic military design with rugged plastic case.
* With floating luminous dial, it can illuminate in the dark environment.
* The luminous marching line can be adjusted.
* Portable that can be hold in a hand, with a magnifying viewer.
* Sighting hairline for precision.
* Ideal for locating positions on the map or in the field both on land and water.
* High quality, compact, light and durable.
* Material: Rugged metal case
* Dimension: approx 7.6 x 5.6 x 2.5 cm/3.0 x 2.2 x 1.0".
* Weight: approx 90g.
* Color: Army green.
* Liquid filled for fast read ability
* 100% Brand New.
Instructions for Lensatic compass:
To take a fix: Using the compass hairline, sight on a prominent landmark or feature shown on a map. Read the magnetic bearing from the front of the compass dial
For example, assume you are sighting on a lighthouse and the bearing to the lighthouse in 40, Now place the compass on the map so that lighthouse is on wire-line and Ns is parallel to the magnetic north line on the map. Your location is on the dotted line
1 x Marching Lensatic Compass Military
Introduction:This magnesium flintstones is the most important item in your survival kit since it mea.....